Statement of Values
- TZEDEK, TZEDAKAH, TIKKUN OLAM We honor Jewish Ideals. We are dedicated to the Jewish values that inspired our founding in 1947: A commitment to Tzedek (Justice); to Tzedakah (Righteousness /Charity); and to Tikkun Olam (the goal of Repairing the World).
- MISSION Tucson Jewish Free Loan provides interest-free loans to help Southern Arizonans achieve economic self-sufficiency with dignity.
- VISION Tucson Jewish Free Loan seeks to create a more equitable Southern Arizona where everyone has equal access to capital and all residents can participate in the growth and prosperity of their communities.
- HUMAN DIGNITY We respect the inherent dignity and worth of every human being. We seek to provide a helping hand to those in need, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender expression, past incarceration, or immigrant status. We strive to treat every individual with compassion and empathy for their unique situation. We advocate policies that ensure fairness and equity for all.
- RELATIONSHIPS We embrace and cultivate relationships – with borrowers, partner organizations, and donors. Developing relationships is key to how we work with borrowers, who are often referred to us by partner agencies in their communities. We strive to understand each potential borrower’s needs and, if the borrower is eligible, to structure a loan that meets those needs. When appropriate, our board and staff provide assistance or advice, and we often refer potential borrowers to other resources. Finally, we value our relationships with donors, both individual and institutional, who financially support our work, provide connections to other resources as well as additional insights into the community, and serve as advocates for our mission.
- COMMUNITY We believe in building an inclusive and accessible community where all residents feel they belong. We are committed to creating an environment of belonging (rather than just welcoming) by prioritizing diversity within organizational policy, programming, recruitment, marketing, board development, and community engagement.
- CREATIVITY We strive to be creative in response to change. We aim to be agile and strategic in the face of evolving circumstances in our community and in the lives of our borrowers.